STA Level 2 Award In Swimming Pool Water Treatment (QCF)
The STA Award in Swimming Pool Water Treatment aims to enable candidates to understand the basic principles of the treatment of swimming pool water. It provides candidates with the knowledge and skills to competently test water and maintain safe bathing conditions.
You must be 16 years of age or older to under take the course.
VALIDITY OF AWARD:
This qualification is valid for 5 years.
LENGTH OF COURSE:
8 Recommended guided learning hours.
The STA Award in Swimming Pool Water Treatment covers:
- Understanding the source of pollution and control measure.
- Understanding basic principles of pool water filtration and backwashing.
- Understanding the key features of a swimming pool circulation system.
- Understanding the potential dangers and hazards associated with suction entrapment and entanglement.
- Understanding the role and purpose of disinfectants in swimming pools.
- Understanding the pH scale, it’s function and related water terminology.
- Understanding the basic principles of water testing, recording and interpretation leading to corrective action.
- Understanding the importance of COSHH.
The assessment criteria are as follows:
- Satisfactorily complete the course manual and end of course worksheet.
- Undertake practical water testing, analysis and interpretation.
This qualification requires revalidation every 5 years to update knowledge and demonstrate understanding.
All courses are conducted in your own premises.