STA Level 3 Award In Pool Plant Operations (QCF)
The STA Award in Pool Plant Operations aims to enable candidates to manage and maintain swimming pool, spa and interactive play feature operation via receiving the training necessary to reflect the most up to date requirements and standards for pool plant operation.
You must be 18 years of age or older to undertake the course. - Satisfactorily complete a pre-course worksheet assignment.
VALIDITY OF AWARD:
This qualification is valid for 5 years.
LENGTH OF COURSE:
33 Notional Learning Hours:
- 24 Recommended guided learning hours.
- 9 Non-contact guided learning hours.
The STA Award in Pool Plant Operations covers:
- The industry lead bodies and their recommendations and guidelines.
- Pollution and it's removal, the threat of disease such as legionnaires and how they are controlled.
- Principles of circulation and filtration and the requirements for regular maintenance.
- How the physical characteristics of a swimming pool can be hazardous.
- Swimming pool ventilation and heating systems.
- The principles of water treatment, including pH, water balance and water testing.
- Microbiological testing.
- Analysis and interpretation of readings leading to corrective action.
- Methods for recording results and maintaining records.
- Understanding the different types of residual and non-residual disinfectants and their use in water treatment.
- Developing an understanding and awareness of current industry best practice, guidelines and recommendations.
- Principles of Health & Safety and the relevant Statutes.
- Developing an understanding of the environmental implications of operating and managing swimming pools, spas and associated plant.
- Energy and cost efficiency.
The assessment criteria are as follows:
- Satisfactorily complete a pre-course worksheet assignment.
- Satisfactorily complete the course manual.
- Complete a 25 question multiple-choice paper with a pass mark of 18 or more.
- Undertake practical water testing, analysis and interpretation.
- Complete a post-course assessment sheet and return to course tutor.
This qualification requires revalidation every 5 years to update knowledge and demonstrate understanding.
All courses are conducted in your own premises.