STA Level 2 Award In Swimming Pool Water Testing (QCF)
The STA Award in Swimming Pool Water Testing aims to provide the basic information needed and skills necessary to competently test swimming pool and spa water, and to provide a basic understanding of the outcomes of those tests.
You must be 16 years of age or older to under take the course.
VALIDITY OF AWARD:
This qualification is valid for 5 years.
LENGTH OF COURSE:
4 recommended guided learning hours.
The STA Award in Swimming Pool Water Testing covers:
- The principles of water testing.
- Chemical Tests, the practical water test knowledge of where to take samples from and the measurement method.
- How to use a comparator & photometer.
- How to obtain free chlorine, combined chlorine and pH readings of pool water.
- The understanding and interpretation of those readings.
- The importance of maintaining breakpoint chlorination and pH balance.
- The effect of pH reading on disinfection.
The assessment criteria are as follows:
- Satisfactorily complete the course manual and end of course worksheet.
- Undertake practical water testing, analysis and interpretation.
This qualification requires revalidation every 5 years to update knowledge and demonstrate understanding.
All courses are conducted in your own premises.